4 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Wait To Go Holiday Shopping

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

It’s that time of year again, collegiettes! The time has come for you to do your holiday shopping.  If you haven’t already started your shopping for the holidays, here are some reasons why you won’t want to wait until the last minute.

1. The semester is almost over

Since we’re all students, we have finals, and other final events of the semester. Throw in some last minute packing and last minute parties with your friends, and before you know it, it’s the middle of December and you have to go home already.  You don’t want to be rushed for time when selecting gifts for your loved ones .

2. Better selection

If you wait until the last minute, you will only get to choose from whatever the stores have left in stock. If you hit the stores early and they don’t have what you need in store, you can usually have the stores order it online for you, so you’ll have it just in time!

3. Better sales

Stores have sales every week now that the holiday season is in full swing. Shopping early gives you time to price what items you want to get, especially if multiple stores have similar items or if different locations have the same items for less. But don’t spend too much time pricing though, take advantage of these sales!

4. More creativity

If you are crafty, you can get all your supplies and spend more time making sure your gift is absolutely perfect. Craft stores like Joann’s and Michael’s have really great sales going on.

When it comes to holiday shopping, it’s really the thought that counts when choosing the perfect gift. Don’t be the collegiette that doesn’t have it together this holiday season. The sooner your shopping is done, the sooner you can relax and really enjoy the holiday spirit.

If you need ideas for what to get the important people in your life, check out our Holiday Gift Guide!

Portia, is a 22 year old Senior majoring in Cinema and double minoring in General Business and Media Studies at VCU. She transferred from The University of Hawaii at Leeward Community College, after graduating in 2012 with an Associate in Science in Television Production. Portia has a passion for all things art related, asian cuisine, traveling, and Bollywood movies.  In the future, she aspires to one day return to Hawaii and direct and create movies of all different genres and continue her passion for the arts.
Sarah is a Mass Communications student at VCU with a concentration in Online/Print Journalism. She is passionate about veganism, traveling, music, health and fitness. Her plans after graduation are to move to NYC and work within the journalism field.