14 Romantic Love Quotes From Literature and Films

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at VCU chapter.

Happy Valentine’s Day! Here are 14 swoon-worthy love quotes to remind you that love is real and also to remind you to maybe raise your expectations. This list is compiled of quotes taken from books, movies, poetry and TV shows.

1. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you. John Green

2. I could recognize him by touch alone, by smell; I would know him blind, by the way his breaths came and his feet struck the earth. I would know him in death, at the end of the world. Madeline Miller

3. In the future…if by some miracle you ever find yourself in the position to fall in love again…fall in love with me. Colleen Hoover

4. In the end, love is a good reason for everything to fall apart. “Money Heist”

5. Because when I look at you, I can feel it. And I look at you and I’m home. “Finding Nemo

6. I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough. Nicholas Sparks

7. He is half my soul, as the poets sayMadeline Miller

8. In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. Jane Austen

9. I would have come for you. And if I couldn’t walk, I’d crawl to you. Leigh Bardugo

10. Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love. William Shakespeare

11. You were like coming up for fresh air. It’s like I was drowning and you saved me. That’s all I know. “Grey’s Anatomy”

12. All I can say is that you make me… you make me into someone I couldn’t even imagine. You make me happy, even when you’re awful. I would rather be with you even the you that you seem to think is diminished than with anyone else in the world. Jojo Moyes

13. He’s your first love. I intend to be your last, however, long it takes. “The Vampire Diaries”

14. After all this time? Always. J.K. Rowling

Bonus: “She was like a shot of espresso.”Andrew Garfield

Kaylah Young is a senior at VCU. She is majoring in Mass Communications with a concentration in journalism, and a minor in political science. Kaylah has a passion for writing, reading books, and working out at the gym.