1. You’re constantly texting them asking how to do hard things.
“How long are you supposed to cook spaghetti for?””HELP! How do you change a tire?!?!?!””Can you proofread this text before I send it….”
2. You have most of their closet because you’re always borrowing their clothes.
Remember that time you showed up and forgot that the event was formal attire? Good thing your friend had an extra dress. It was also very nice of them to let you borrow something clean/unstained for that big job interview! You also may have a couple of their sweaters from those times you forgot…
3. They usually give you a 10 minute grace period before worrying about where you are when you don’t show up.
In fact, they don’t even judge you for “resting your eyes” at random times and places, nor will they judge you for drinking your 5th cup of coffee that day.
7. Someone has had to come pick you up as a result of poor planning on your part.
“I know that my gas tank was running on empty, but I just thought I had more time!”
8. They may or may not have scolded you for irresponsible purchases.
What am I gonna do with 20 bath bombs if I don’t even have money for rent? Smell fantastic, that’s what.
9. You always get advice, whether it’s asked for or not.
Yeah, yeah. I get it. ‘Don’t stay up late watching Buzzfeed videos on a school night’. ‘Don’t run off to play Flipcup with strangers’. ‘Text me when you get home’, bla bla bla… Yeah I remember what happened last time… I got it. Thanks.
10. In fact, it might just be easiest to keep you on a leash when you all go out.
Have you ever heard your friends argue over who’s “turn” it was to “watch” you? What can you say? You’re just a little ball of energy sometimes.
11. At the end of the day, you know your
parents friends are there for you no matter what.
Even when they embarrass you in public with their friendly affection.