What do Guys Really Think About our Shoes?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Ladies, could your shoes really be turning the guys away? According to a recent article in Glamour magazine, guys pay attention to our shoes, and even worse, have potentially strong opinions about them. You are probably saying to yourself, “How can this be? I thought that guys didn’t care about clothes and especially not shoes. Have they been lying to us all along?” Or at least that was running through my mind as I read the article. You may also be wondering whether or not your guy friends, dates, and even boyfriends have been holding back their shoe opinions all this time. However, there is no need to fret, because once you learn what guys really think, you will know the perfect pair to wear to impress him on any occasion.

Sandals

It is finally spring, and you know what that means? It is time to paint your toes and start wearing your favorite sandals. Well, maybe you shouldn’t if they are gladiator sandals. In general, guys don’t like them and believe that women look as though they are wearing shoes from ancient Greece. We definitely don’t want to give men that impression, so instead of gladiator sandals, opt for barely there sandals. Guys love these because they give the illusion of being on vacation.

No

Yes

Heels

Every girl owns them, and many of us have too many pairs. Yes, ladies, I am talking about heels. Some of us want sky-high stilettos, while others prefer the kitten heel, but whatever your choice, guys are sure to have their own view.

If you don’t own a pair of brightly colored shoes, I highly recommend buying a pair soon. Guys say that they notice girls who wear bright shoes because they make a girl look confident. Who knew that a pair of shoes could have such an amazing effect? Unfortunately, guys are not too keen on the next two pairs I am about to share with you. They hate socks paired with pumps and also animal print. Apparently, the socks and pumps make a girl appear as though she is going through an identity crisis, and the animal print is a cry for attention. No girl wants to earn either of these two labels just because of her shoes.

Yes

No

No

So there you have it. These are the shoes that you definitely should and should not wear while around guys. In general, though, if you love animal print and gladiator sandals, do not stop wearing them. Shoes are a great way to express your personality, and if you really want to wear a certain pair, then no guy should stop you.

Source: http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/853/what-your-shoes-say-to-guys/

Jessica Pawlarczyk is a junior at Vanderbilt University where she is majoring in Sociology and Spanish. Besides Her Campus, Jessica is involved in newspaper, APO service fraternity, math tutoring and youth mentoring. She enjoys playing tennis, reading Jodi Picoult novels and finding new "pins" for her Pinterest page in her spare time. Jessica is incredibly excited to be a part of the Her Campus team!