The Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Pinterest!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Most of you have probably heard of the new campus craze, Pinterest. For those who haven’t, it seems to be a girl’s dream- a website filled with new ideas that each person can “repin” (like retweeting on Twitter) to personalize their profiles. Here are ten reasons why I love Pinterest and why you should check it out yourself!

1.     I get to see a huge variety of items. I would never find these random types of crafts on my own. There is so much creativity on this site!

2.     Every girl can plan her dream wedding. This is the perfect site for you to keep some cute ideas handy for the future!

3.     It’s easy to find new recipes to try. I’m not the biggest fan of cooking, so this is where I can be exposed to recipes that inspire me in the kitchen.

4.     My friends can easily see what I like. With my different pin boards, all my friends can easily see what appeals to me.

5.     Organizations allow you to follow them, which can help you decide whether or not you want to like them more. I follow a few different clubs and companies. By seeing what they pin I can decide if they have similar interests to me.

6.     The site can definitely inspire and further your passions- with so many different perspectives and endless originality, I constantly find new interests to incorporate into my life.

7.     I can expand my list of places to visit. I get to see pictures of gorgeous places I’ve never heard of, which makes me want to travel everywhere!

8.     It’s great for procrastination. Why write an essay when I can find new crafts or places to travel?

9.     It never gets old. There are new pins constantly on my newsfeed, which leads to endless hours of searching for different pins and ideas.

10.My boyfriend can see my Pinterest and buy me gifts I actually want. One quick look at my pin boards and he can instantly discover how to win me over!

This great website is truly fun for everyone. Follow HC Vanderbilt to see what we like too!

Jessica Pawlarczyk is a junior at Vanderbilt University where she is majoring in Sociology and Spanish. Besides Her Campus, Jessica is involved in newspaper, APO service fraternity, math tutoring and youth mentoring. She enjoys playing tennis, reading Jodi Picoult novels and finding new "pins" for her Pinterest page in her spare time. Jessica is incredibly excited to be a part of the Her Campus team!