This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

She’s The First is a national organization that supports and sponsors girls in developing countries. The driving belief that the organization’s work is based on is that girls have the power to change their countries and worlds if given the gift of education. She’s the First financially supports girls to go to school until they graduate high school. 

As one of the campus chapters for the org, She’s the First Vanderbilt participates in the annual national fundraiser—baking and selling tie dye cupcakes. Last year, we raised enough money to support a girl in India to go to school for a year. We got to see a picture of her and learn more about her education. 

Additionally, She’s The First is involved with local groups and service in Nashville that support women and girl’s education. We also host movie screenings and other awareness events throughout the year. 

Anyone can join by coming to our first General Body Meeting on September 15th in Buttrick 206 at 6:30pm. The commitment is very low. As a member, you can pick and choose what events you attend and decide whatever level of involvement is right for you. If you are unable to attend the GBM, another way to join is by joining our Anchor Link page and then you’ll receive emails about future events.

Anchor Link: https://anchorlink.vanderbilt.edu/organization/shesthefirstVU