How to Have a Classy Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Guys, we’ve almost made it. 

Spring Break is just one day away. 

While that might make you want to break out the Don Julio, I urge you to first read this article and THEN make a classy margarita, if you so desire. You are a put-together college girl, and you deserve to have a wonderfully amazing Spring Break that does not end with you passed out on a beach chair. I can’t image that would be very comfortable, and it most definitely does not portray a good message about your lifestyle. 

So if you want to have a classy and fun Spring Break, here are the top five things to keep in mind. 

1) Wet t-shirt contests are never a good idea. 
This is obvious. Do not enter any contests where you are required to strip, dance like a stripper, or drink enough to make you vom. They might seem SOOOO FUNNNNNN at the time, but guess what? They always end in embarrassment and tears. You are better than that. So keep your clothes on and find something else to do. 

2) Tequila makes your clothes fall off…
…so please please please watch out. Spring Break might seem like the perfect time to hook up with your crush, but it probably isn’t, especially if you’re not in a state to remember said hook-up in the morning. Recruit a friend to be your wingwoman and consult with her before you go back with a guy. You’ll thank her when you wake up in your bed the next morning clothed and full of dignity. 

3) Everyone has a different tolerance… 
…especially you and your best guy friend. Do NOT try to keep up with anyone, and remember that you can always stop drinking if you want to. If you start feeling a little wobbly, put down the chug jug and get a big glass of water. No one will think you’re lame if you take a break. In fact, they’ll probably admire your control, especially while they’re hunched over the toilet later that evening. 

4) He might seem nice and cute and great at the time but… 
he’s probably not. Hate to burst your happy drunken bubble, but any guy you meet on Spring Break is probably not destined to become your boyfriend. This is especially true for guys that don’t go to Vanderbilt, so always say N.O. to any random guy asking you to go back with him. It’s weird, sketchy, and extremely unsafe. Save yourself the danger and stick with your girls. 

5) When all else fails, monogram your chug jug/drink cup. 
I know that some of you will go crazy this Spring Break no matter what I say. So in that case, take some time to monogram your chug jug. Instant classiness. 

Lastly….. 

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Stacey Oswald, originally from South Florida, came to Vanderbilt as a member of the class of 2015 and got involved with HerCampus her freshman year. She became assistant editor that year and is now the Campus Correspondent for Vanderbilt HC as a sophomore. Stacey is currently a columnist for Ask Miss A- Nashville and the life section of The Hustler. She's also very involved in her sorority, Kappa Delta, as well as Invisible Children. Outside of school and her extracurriculars, Stacey finds happiness in many sources, the most crucial being exercise and the sun. She loves to attend exercise classes and is an avid runner; she recently completed the Country Music Half Marathon. She also loves Vitamin D, especially when on the beach- though of course, she only soaks up the sun after applying SPF. A few of the things Stacey couldn't live without? Good food (especially from Sweet Cece's, Bricktops, and Samurai Sushi), great books (The Hypnotist's Love Story is a recent favorite), her family back in Florida, her wonderful boyfriend, and all of the great friends she's made at Vanderbilt.