Grubhub Hero Image 01?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Grubhub Hero Image 01?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Original design by Audrey Wu for HCM
Life > Experiences

Girl Math-ing My Way With Grubhub+ Student at Vanderbilt University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

This is a sponsored article. All opinions are 100% our own.

Let’s face it, the dining hall food at Vanderbilt University is not cutting it for anyone. We’re generously ranked as the eighth-best dining hall in the nation, but someone clearly spewed a few white lies. Luckily, we live in Nashville, one of the best cities in the country for food.

One thing about Nashville, though, is that it’s not a walkable city. My running sneakers can only get me so far in this place — so that’s when I turn to Grubhub. You heard it here first folks: Grubhub is in, and everything else is out.

You may be pondering a few thoughts, such as the costs of using the glorious Grubhub platform. Well, throw those thoughts in the trash, because I am here to crunch the numbers for you.

ICYMI, Grubhub offers Grubhub+ Student for current Vanderbilt students! If you go to Vanderbilt — or any of the other Grubhub-partnered campuses — and are interested in this amazing perk, then here’s what you need to do:

1. Download the Grubhub app to your phone or tablet

2. Connect with your campus in the app 

3. Verify your student status 

4. Enjoy your *FREE* Grubhub+ Student from now until you graduate!

Yes, it’s really that easy.  Now, let’s get into the statistics and logistics.

On qualifying orders, Grubhub+ Student offers unlimited $0 delivery fees. Which — in girl math terms — means that you’re basically saving money by choosing this membership option. But, seriously. If that didn’t make you want to sign up for a membership, I don’t know what will. I mean, with this kind of offer, I might as well try every single Nashville hot-fried chicken place in this bustling city. 

And let’s not forget about the lower service fees, too! It’s almost like a mini food delivery discount. The best way to describe this is by thinking of it as a Black Friday moment, except, it’s food and it’s offered every day — not just Friday. Since you’re cutting down on those high service fee costs, you’re saving money — girl mathcore, part two.

Care for a hypothetical situation? Allow me to set the scene.

Let’s say you’re sitting on the top floor of Central Library. You’re studying hard, but have a sudden urge to devour a Roma pizza pie. Well, you’re in luck. Grubhub+ Student offers 5% back on off-campus pick-up orders. So, not only will you be getting your steps in, but you will be saving 5% on your order. A win is a win.

I like to think of this membership offer as an investment. Why, might you ask? Well, you earn Grubhub credit for future orders. If you were to order your Roma pizza for pick up right now, you would be saving 5% off your order and getting money back through the credit system. With the membership, they offer exclusive deals at selective restaurants and stores, so maybe Roma will offer a surprise deal on top of your order. Now, isn’t that canny?

If you made it to the end of this article, leave and start your Grubhub+ Student. The offer is too good to be true, but oh, is it true. All I have to say now is: You’re welcome and enjoy your meal.

Sophia Kim

Vanderbilt '24

Hey there! My name is Sophia and I'm a fourth-year at Vanderbilt University. I am the Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus at Vanderbilt. I'm from New York -- specifically Long Island and NOT the Big Apple (unfortunately). I'm currently pursuing a major in Philosophy, but I'm also on the pre-dental track. Take a read and let me know if you find at least one of my pieces to be somewhat enjoyable. Contact: sophia.s.kim[at]vanderbilt[dot]edu