Found: Cute Internship Outfits!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

Now that the semester is coming to a close, it is time to start thinking about your summer wardrobe. Unfortunately, I don’t mean this in the typical sense, which would entail sundresses, sandals, and bikinis. What I mean is clothing that will be appropriate for the amazing internships that you have all landed for the summer! I know that we all love our comfortable Vanderbilt sweatshirts and leggings, but it is time to put those away and embrace work attire.

If I could recommend only one key item that every girl needs in her work wardrobe, it would be a blazer. Whether you are working in a corporate setting or a creative one, blazers are versatile and an essential component to most outfits. Blazers don’t have to be boring! They come in so many different cuts, styles, and colors, so the most important thing is finding one that is right for you. Here are a couple from Zara that I think are super adorable.

Every girl needs a great skirt that can be worn both day and night. Skirts are one of the most versatile items of clothing, and if you invest in a good one, then you are sure to save yourself a lot of time getting ready in the morning. My most important tip in finding a skirt is making sure that it isn’t too short. A short skirt will undoubtedly give your employers a bad impression, and you don’t want to start off on the wrong foot. Here are two examples of skirts that are the perfect length and appropriate for the workplace.

Express Ponte Knit High-Wait Seamed Pencil Skirt

You have completed the hard job of getting an internship, and now all you have to do is look the part. Make sure to find a blazer and a skirt that don’t compromise your style or personality, because otherwise you may feel uncomfortable transitioning to work attire. Work-appropriate clothing can be boring, but if you follow my tips, then you will definitely be the best-dressed person at your internship!

J Crew Long No 2 Pencil Skirt in Abstract Leopard

Jessica Pawlarczyk is a junior at Vanderbilt University where she is majoring in Sociology and Spanish. Besides Her Campus, Jessica is involved in newspaper, APO service fraternity, math tutoring and youth mentoring. She enjoys playing tennis, reading Jodi Picoult novels and finding new "pins" for her Pinterest page in her spare time. Jessica is incredibly excited to be a part of the Her Campus team!