This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Vanderbilt chapter.

One of the perks of going to a university like Vanderbilt is its close proximity to Nashville, which gives students the opportunity to attend all sorts of events and activities off campus. While the live music is great, I often find myself just needing a change of scenery while I’m studying. 

Atmalogy is a great space that opened its doors for business a couple months ago. Conveniently located off West End and directly across from Towers, the space has a cozy and comfortable environment. I’ve been a couple times now and here are some of the pros and cons of this alternative study space.

Pros:

1.     Comfortable Atmosphere – The rooms are very casual and relaxing. There’s a lot of natural light in each space. My favorite room is the nook area that I find perfect for catching up on reading assignments.

2.     It’s Local – Besides the fact that it’s located in Nashville, Atmalogy also features different pieces created by Nashville artists. They have some really unique items available for purchase that are worth checking out.

3.     Healthy Café Menu – They offer a vast range of healthy, organic, grab-and-go items. I love stopping by before my morning class to grab one of their juices and atma-balls.  Check out their menu here

4.     Opens Early – Atmalogy opens at 7 a.m. on weekdays, which gives me time to just enjoy the morning and finish up any last-minute assignments before class.

Cons:

1.     Pricey – While none of the items are terribly expensive, there are some items on the menu that are on the pricey side, especially for us college students. But don’t let the price tag stop you from checking out this awesome space- download the Scoutmob app to get a 50% off deal at Atmalogy.

2.     Minimal Space – I should clarify that the free space is limited. Atmalogy is a place that caters more toward businesses and groups, offering a variety of rooms available for reservation.  So, if you’re looking for a change of scenery to work on a large group project or hold a club meeting, check out the spaces they have available for reservation. Heads up… they come at a price.

3.     Closes Early – Atmalogy closes at 7 p.m. on weekdays, which probably won’t work well with a lot of our demanding schedules, but they do have reasonable hours on the weekend.

The Verdict:

Atmalogy has a unique, but casual and relaxing vibe, and it’s definitely worth checking out with a friend, even if just for a cup of coffee.

Stacey Oswald, originally from South Florida, came to Vanderbilt as a member of the class of 2015 and got involved with HerCampus her freshman year. She became assistant editor that year and is now the Campus Correspondent for Vanderbilt HC as a sophomore. Stacey is currently a columnist for Ask Miss A- Nashville and the life section of The Hustler. She's also very involved in her sorority, Kappa Delta, as well as Invisible Children. Outside of school and her extracurriculars, Stacey finds happiness in many sources, the most crucial being exercise and the sun. She loves to attend exercise classes and is an avid runner; she recently completed the Country Music Half Marathon. She also loves Vitamin D, especially when on the beach- though of course, she only soaks up the sun after applying SPF. A few of the things Stacey couldn't live without? Good food (especially from Sweet Cece's, Bricktops, and Samurai Sushi), great books (The Hypnotist's Love Story is a recent favorite), her family back in Florida, her wonderful boyfriend, and all of the great friends she's made at Vanderbilt.