This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

March is women’s history month and we should ALL be here for it. 

Every day is a time to celebrate our favorite women in our lives, but when it’s March we are to celebrate twice as hard. We live in a world that is male-dominated, meaning that it isn’t the easiest place to truly be an individual. meaning Our world is not just ours but everyone’s, and it is easy for people to judge even if they do not understand. 

When it is Women’s History Month, we celebrate our best of friends, grandmothers, sisters, mothers, guardians, professors, politicians, activists, etc.

Original Illustration by Gina Escandon for Her Campus Media
We are strong and beautiful beings that can do anything we want. We have great taste in music and a sense of style. We are smart enough to work for NASA. We are brave and bold enough to have our voices heard in the government. We are tough enough to withstand all of the judgment and hate that we get on a daily basis. 

Here are a few strong badass women who are the epitome of women’s history.

1. Amelia Earhart

Earhart was a daring strong woman who showed the world that women can truly do anything. In the 1930s, Earhart became the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean. Unfortunately, en route, Earhart disappeared and was never to be seen again. 

2. Maxine Waters

Waters has never shied away from speaking her truth especially when it comes to something that she cares about. We can all learn something from her, such as reclaiming our time.

3. Yuri Kochiyama 

Kochiyama worked as an activist during the Civil Rights Movement, she advocated for Black and Asian American rights. She also worked closely with Malcolm X. Other than Black and Asian American rights, she also fought hard for Puerto Rican freedom and Japanese American rights. 

4. Marsha P. Johnson

Johnson, a trans woman, was an activist for the LGBT+ community. She created the first shelter for homeless trans women in New York City. 

5. Shirley Chisholm

Chisholm was the first African American woman to be a part of Congress. She was also the first black woman to run in the presidential race of the democratic party. 

three women stand together outside. the one in the middle is throwing up a peace sign.
Omar Lopez | Unsplash
Celebrate women! HCXO!

Jasmin Small

Valdosta '23

Hey ladies!! I am a student Valdosta State University. (Class of 2023 WHOOP WHOOP) I major in journalism and minor in mass media. I'm a pretty fun person to be around (at least I hope that I am).
Her Campus at Valdosta State.