Why Nair on Your Face Isn’t So Bad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

You probably read the title to this article and thought that the idea of putting Nair on your face, period, is absurd. The smell, the thought of wiping your eyebrows off, the consistency, and the thought of the general purpose of Nair are all things that may deter you from wanting to put it anywhere near your face. I get it! But before you eliminate the idea completely, here are some pros and cons of using Nair on your face. 

PRO: They make facial Nair! If you’re worried about your skin being too sensitive for Nair, this is the right product for you. It comes in a smaller package, it does not have the strong, infamous Nair smell, and it’s inexpensive. 

CON: You have to be extremely careful and gentle when wiping it off (even more gentle than you are with regular Nair, for my Nair users), or it could cause bumps in the affected area. 

PRO: You won’t have to pay to for periodical brow waxing/threading. Everyone loves saving money. Why not pay $4 for a product that will last a long time, instead of paying someone else to do your brows each visit?

CON: You must know how to do your own eyebrows if you’re going to “Nair” them. One mistake can lead to your eyebrows being distant cousins and not sisters!

PRO: You’re in control of your destiny! You don’t have to worry about your eyebrow lady making your eyebrows too thin or too arched anymore. 

Tips for Use:

1. Do a skin test before you begin. This shows how your skin will react to the Nair and will prevent any serious allergic reactions from happening.

2. When using Nair to clean up your eyebrows, act like you are about to draw them on. Brush them, take an eyebrow pencil and draw light lines that will guide you when you apply the Nair. Use an angled brush for application. 

3. When wiping the Nair off of your face, use a warm, wet wash cloth. DO NOT apply too much pressure when wiping. 

4. After you wipe the Nair off and wash your face, moisturize your skin. Tea tree oil, coconut oil, and aloe vera gel are all great moisturizers. 

HCXO!

My name is Sameena! I am a criminal justice major at Valdosta State University!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.