andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

What Should You Talk About On Your First Date?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

To start off, no one likes awkward silences. When you go on a date with that one guy you really like, you hope for the best. However, first dates can be extremely unpredictable. So, what do you do at dates? Here is a conversation to know the person more deeply. The questions that usually come to mind when going on a first date could be, “Is this a guy I could see a future with?”, ” What is he passionate about?”, ” What’re their main priorities?”, “Does he enjoy art or history museums?”, “Does he deeply hate art and history?”, “Can those differences compromise?!”

For example, I am really passionate about Jesus. I want my future husband’s number one priority to be Jesus. I want him to love the Lord more than anything else in the world. What is his relationship wih christ like? I recently went to a conference in Atlanta for college aged students and the pastor, Louie Gigleo, said something that really stuck with me. “You do not always have to talk about God, but that should be where the conversation starts.” Amen to that.

When you are out on your first date, with a guy you really like, it is best to find out his goals, his future and what his purpose in this beautiful world is. By asking those types of questions on the first date you will know if you are wasting your time with this person or not. Also once you get that important quesion out of the way that should bring more conversations and get rid of those awkward silences.  HCXO!

Ciara Jones

Valdosta '20

Hello, Ciara Jones is a "Senior" at Valdosta State University, majoring in Mass Media. After she graduates, she is planning to go into ministry working with communication media and journalism. She has a passion for Jesus, writing, kids and food. She loves attending bonfires and concerts on her free time.