This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Have you ever had a rough week, or just felt a little bit off? It’s called a funk, and we’ve all been there. Sometimes we are low on sleep, distracted by life, or are busier than ever, but we just can’t seem to keep our heads in the game. Here are five different ways to get your out of the dreaded, yet inevitable, funk.

1. Make positivity literal.

By opening up the blinds, turning on some extra lights, and having upbeat or uplifting music playing, you automatically are more prone to react to your environment in a positive way.

2. Get it together.

This may mean getting homework done, de-cluttering a mess, or hitting the gym. Whatever it means to you, the important thing is to be productive in one way or another and feel good about those accomplishments whether big or small.

3. Give yourself a break!

Day in and day out, we are tearing ourselves apart. Either we aren’t satisfied with our academic performance, our physical appearance, or anything else we might thing of. No one is perfect; we all need this drilled into our heads and believe it to be true in our own case.

4. Take it one day at a time.

There aren’t too many things about life that are easy, so just take it in little bits and pieces in order to hold on to your sanity. The stress of next week, next semester, and next year can wait. Right now the goal is to make it through today; and then we’ll do it again tomorrow.

5. Don’t go it alone.

Sometimes we feel as though if we need to seek help or extra comfort from those around us, we failed a little bit. That couldn’t be further from the truth. People have support systems for a reason, to hold us up and get us back on our feet when we stumble. It can be parents, friends, siblings, cousins, significant others, it really doesn’t matter. Take the love and be thankful, because you would do the same for them.

HCXO!

Alex is an easy going and bubbly person who has a passion for all things creative. She is pursuing a degree in Psychology at Valdosta State University and loving her experiences along the way. Instagram & Twitter: alex_gmann
Her Campus at Valdosta State.