This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Have you wondered what a life was like without friends? Are you currently living a life without friends? I don’t even want to think about the times when I didn’t have friends. If it wasn’t for my current set of friends, I probably would be in a completely different headspace. Over my years on earth, I have acquired different groups of friends that all have these things in common: offering me peace of mind and pushing me to step out of my comfort zone. That’s what friends are for, right? Well if you’re still questioning why friends are a necessity in life, I have several answers to that question.

1. Ride or Die 

Everyone needs an individual or group of individuals that will go to the ends of earth to make sure they’re okay. Friends often serve the purpose of being there for you at the most random moments to help one other get through various situations. 

2. Automatic Support System

If you’re like me and have big dreams, then you’ll definitely need a supportive group of friends. Are people really your friends if they don’t support you? They may not always agree, but only you know what’s best for you, so as long as you have friends who understand that, then you are in good hands. 

3. Adventures

A friend group is nothing without memories, and the only way to make memories is to have friends who are adventurous and willing to take the same risks as you. Now sometimes, there are moments where friends have no choice but to go through some crazy events. Like in my case, my friends and I were locked out of the house for a whole night because of a lost key, or there was a more recent time when a party got out of hand and left my friends and I shaken up. The good thing about those unexpected adventurous moments is they become laughable later. 

One thing that all friend groups have in common is a unique and special love. There’s no amount of money that can buy true authentic friends and the special memories and bond that come with friendship. If you’re roaming through the world without a friend, take the time to stop and make friend. You never know how special someone could be in your life until you’ve spent countless days together.

Kylah Gilbert

Valdosta '20

My name is Kylah Gilbert. I am a 20 year old Juniorish at Valdosta State University. My writing is an insight to who I am as a person. So welcome to me as a person.