Top 5 Things Every College Girl Needs in Her Purse

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Freaking out about what you need to keep in your purse?  I surveyed a couple of girls on our VSU campus to see what their tops are! Here are some of the most essential things to carry in your Michael Kors or Steve Madden bag!

1. Pepper Spray/Taser

A necessity for every girl in college is some sort of protection! College could be a potentially dangerous place because you can’t trust everyone! Some guys will be sketchy and try to approach you in a way that makes you really uncomfortable. In those cases, just pull out your pepper spray/ taser and give them what they deserve for being a creep.

2. Portable Charger

You’ll never know when your phone will die or where you’ll be! Having this handy device will keep your phone charged; the only downfall is that you have to constantly keep it charged also! Nevertheless, having this in your purse will save you a lot of problems!

3.Wallet/Cash

Of course you can never forget your cash or your wallet. It would be a shame to get to the counter of Ulta and you forgot your wallet at home! Always check before you walk out the door! There’s a good acronym to remember what things to take with you: P.M.I.L.K. Phone, Money, ID, License, and Keys.

4. Phone

Something none of us girls can live without! Without your phone you’re totally out of the know. Your GroupMe is at 200, texts at 15, and you missed Beyonce’s most recent pic on IG. Never leave it. You never know when an emergency will happen! Also, keep a car charger in your car just in case!

5. Perfume

My favorite one on the whole list! You can never leave the house without smelling good, and when you forget, you have a backup in your purse!  On a day where you’re having a study date with your crush, you’ll be happy you remembered to sneak your Juicy Couture or PINK perfume in your purse on the way out the door.

Honorable mentions:  Also don’t forget your mints (for obvious reasons), bobby pins (hair emergencies), your favorite chapstick or lipstick, hand sanitizer, and your agenda!

HCXO

Her Campus at Valdosta State.