Top 10 Mean Girls Catchphrases

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

It’s been 10 years since Mean Girls, one of the best chick flicks ever created, made its way to the big screen. To this day, girls across the world are still in love with all aspects of the film. Regina George’s victimizing ways, Cady Heron’s extreme gullibleness, Gretchen Weiner’s annoying clinginess, and Karen Smith’s over-the-top blonde moments are so spot-on that we couldn’t help but identify with each and every character. (All hail Tina Fey!)

As we all know, Mean Girls spawned some of the best catchphrases of all time. So, in honor of the film, I’ve compiled 10 “grool” catchphrases (I know, I know–10 just isn’t enough, right?) that won over our hearts only a decade ago. 

1. “It’s October 3rd.”

Never has a date within a movie been so iconic that pop culture revives the date every year and dubs it as National ‘Mean Girls’ Day.

2. “Irregardless, ex-boyfriends are off-limits to friends. I mean, that’s just, like, the rules of feminism!” 

That’s not only the rules of feminism, that is the rule of life! Ew, who likes sloppy seconds? This had to be Gretchen Weiner’s most fetch point throughout the film. 

3. “She doesn’t even go here!”

How funny is it to just randomly say this mid-conversation with your friends? Relevant or not, it’s hilarious!

4. Don’t let the haters stop you from doin’ your thang.

Wise words from Kevin Gnapoor. Let your haters be your motivators. 

5. “You can’t sit with us!”

This line probably enabled REAL mean girls in school to treat their peers like dirt. Oops! 

6. So if you’re from Africa, why are you white?

Karen’s IQ could have possibly been in the negatives but somehow she still was an ultimate favorite. Somehow.

7. “Whatever, I’m getting cheese fries.”

Regina George ate cheese fries so I went out and ate cheese fries.

8. You go, Glen Coco!

Rightfully so, Glen Coco has become a living legend even though his only relevance in the film involved being given the most candy canes during the holiday season. Glen Coco for prez!

9. I can’t go out. I’m sick.” Boo, you wh*re!

Regina George gave us a reason to call our friends out of their names, but we don’t really mean it…right?

10. Don’t have sex, ’cause you will get pregnant…and die.

Although Coach Carr was being extremely dramatic, you couldn’t help but think about the consequences of having sex. Would I really die?

So, I’ve taken you down memory lane and I’m pretty sure you want to watch the movie now. Can’t find it on television? Don’t fret. Mean Girls is now on Netflix :).

Her Campus at Valdosta State.