Style

Three Simple Ways to Spice Up Your Style.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you love looking good EVERY day. Waking up in the mornings is easier when you have a cute outfit to put on. But what do you do when you’re a broke college student who can’t afford to buy new, expensive things every week or even every month?

You do what you can.

Here are three simple style tricks I use to make my outfits go from bland to YASSSS.

1. Belts Cute belts are completely underrated. Most people don’t own belts beyond the basics. But cute belts give outfits that extra push. I wear my snakeskin belt with as many outfits that I can! And no matter how many times I do it, I always get “OKAY BELT!” from my beloved sisters.

2. Pants Pants can really send an outfit all the way. I have purple, green, plaid, floral, and even a pair of pink pants. I’m able to mix those pants with basic tops and create a whole new look. Grab a cute pair of pants from Zara or your favorite thrift store! Either way, funky pants are a great investment!

3. Earrings My favorite pair of earrings is shaped like a black girl in a red and yellow head wrap. It’s a show stopper every time! Having a pair of statement earrings is a must. It doesn’t even have to be an expensive purchase: my black girl in headwrap earrings cost $1 from my local beauty supply store.

I hope these tips inspired you guys! And I wish you the best of luck in all your fashion endeavors.

XOHC

Markesia Barron is a senior at Valdosta State University. She majors in Middle Grades Education concentrated in Language Arts and Reading. After graduation, she plans to become a middle school Language Arts teacher in the Metro Atlanta area. Markesia enjoys writing, reading, super-hero movies, and meditating outside. She's a big Beyonce fan and self-care enthusiast.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.