Things to do with your family during Christmas!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Hello beautiful humans!

During the holiday season, there are a lot of fun and festive things to do! Me, personally, I love doing things with my family and just spending time together and making the best of the holiday season. Christmas is all about giving and being surrounded by your loved ones and just enjoying each other’s company. Receiving gifts is fun too, but nothing is more precious than spending quality time with your family. For Christmas, we do lots of fun things, and I would like to share them with you so that you and your family can have fun things do this Christmas

Putting Up the Lights

Right after Thanksgiving, me and my family have a tradition where we get the lights ready to be put up. We sit around in the living room, and we untangle the lights while we watch a Christmas movie. I love doing this because we all laugh and joke and have fun. After we get them all untangled, we put the lights all around the house, outside and inside.

Ornament Picking

When it comes to the ornaments, it’s important in my house! We change ornaments every year and we usually go with different themes. This is a fun thing to do with your family because you can make your own ornaments of even have a little competition to see who has the best!

Hot Chocolate and Christmas Movies

Watching Christmas movies is one of the best things that you can do with your family during the holidays! The way that me and my family do it is, we set up a hot chocolate bar and we have marshmallow’s, chocolate chips, whip cream, and all sorts of goodies! Once we make our hot chocolate and put in all the good toppings, we get all cozied up with our blankets and pajamas and watch movies. This is a great thing to do with your family because you are all out having fun and bonding with one another!

When the holidays come around, it is such a magical and loved time of year! With everything that has been happening in the world today, spending time with family and cherishing one another is truly the most amazing gift that anyone could have. This Christmas make sure that you are loving your family members and having the time for your lives. Merry Christmas everyone!

hcxo

Eriana Jones

Valdosta '22

Hello Beautiful people! My name is Eriana Jones! I am a junior at Valdosta State University and I am a Musical Theater major. I want to keep the arts alive and touch the lives of others.