Surviving the End of the Semester

It’s that time in the semester when your motivation is at an all-time low and summer just can’t come fast enough. Your spring break is over and all the end of year work is piling up, but don’t give up. Here are a couple of tips to help you push through to the end:

1. Do not procrastinate

The due dates for all your cumulative presentations and papers are nearing and while you may pretty good at waiting until the last minute to do things this is not the time to procrastinate. End of the year final projects are normally a big portion of your grade and trying to write a ten page paper is one night maybe possible, but it’s not ideal when you have a 10-12 minute speech to present the next day as well.

2. Take some time for yourself

There’s no shame in taking a day to yourself to just de-stress, just make sure a day doesn’t turn into a week.

3. Study daily

The end of the semester is not the time to slack on tests or studying for them. With everything that will be going on take the time to study for 30 to 40 minutes daily instead of pulling an all-nighter. You only have a couple more weeks left so do your best on the last test(s) before that big final.

4. Eat

With so much work on your plate it’s easy to forget to sit down and eat. While living off coffee and Red Bull seems ideal for getting all your work done it’s not good for your body. Have a couple decent meals and give your brain the energy it needs to keep going.

HCXO!