This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Relationships. Honestly, where can I start? There’s the good, bad and ugly when it comes to this subject. Maybe when you think of that special someone, all you can do is smile and think about how amazing they are. Alas, not all relationships are like this, and it eventually leads to a break up. Listed below are just a few signs that it’s time to end the relationship. 

1.    A relationship will not always be sunshine and daisies. There may be times when you and your significant other have disagreements, and that is okay. However, if you start to feel emotionally drained, it might be time for the relationship to end. No one should have to be in a relationship that leaves them exhausted and feeling hopeless. 

2.    In my past relationship, I was always waiting for the guy to change. I was somewhat hopeful for a loving relationship. Yet, he was the opposite. I brushed off every wrong thing he did and constantly told myself to just give it time. One year passed, and nothing had changed. I was devastated when I finally ended the relationship, but I knew it had to be done. Do not settle for what you do not want in a relationship. You deserve the best and for someone to equally match your energy. 

3.    How did you start out in the relationship? Were you happy and confident? How do you feel now? When was the last time you felt happy or smiled? A relationship should never make you feel so uninspired and unhappy. They are meant to bring out our best traits and confront our worst. Know your worth because you deserve the best. 

-HCXO!

Tytianna Murphy

Valdosta '22

Tytianna is a sophomore, middle grades eduation major at Valdosta State University. She spends most of her free time watching Netflix and Youtube videos. She also enjoys 'rocking' out to music, especially when some of her favorite artists (Beyonce', Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown, and Drake) are playing. Her favorite song/motto is "The Show Goes On" by Lupe Fiasco because it encourages her that no matter what the obstacle may be, she can and will get through it.