This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Okay, so if you’re a YouTube junkie like me then I’m sure you’ve heard of Jaclyn Hill, and if you have then I know you’ve heard of her “Ride-or-Die” makeup tag. Jaclyn Hill created this tag where you basically state your holy grail makeup product under each category of foundation, concealer, primer, etc. Now every beauty guru on YouTube is doing this tag. Here are my ride or die, holy grail makeup products that I would cry for months over if they were to ever be discontinued.

PRIMER: Black Radiance True Complexion Shine Control Primer

This primer is seriously the only primer that I have found thus far that will actually control my oil and shine levels. It also retails for $4.97 at Wal-Mart, so it is super affordable.

EYEBROWS: Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil

Now, I am honestly not that picky when it comes to the products that I use on my brows, but this Rimmel eyebrow pencil has to be my favorite. I’ve tried several other drugstore eyebrow products, and none of them really impressed me enough to replace this pencil. This retails for about $3.99 wherever Rimmel products are sold.

FOUNDATION: L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation

This foundation is bae! I love this foundation so much. I love the formula as well as the coverage but my favorite thing about it is how it helps keep me looking matte and shine free for so long. I have tried so many foundations including some high end ones and they honestly don’t compare. The price is great, and you can pretty much find it anywhere now. It retails for about $10.97 at Wal-Mart and Target and about $12.99 at drugstores and Ulta.

CONCEALER: L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer

If you haven’t tried these concealers then you need to run to your local beauty supply store and pick up one, two, three, or more right now. I use these concealers for everything. I have my skin color concealer, my highlighting concealer, and my contouring concealer. Once you’ve tried them you won’t want to try anything else or at least your concealer expectations would’ve sky rocketed. They retail for $2.99…yes, $2.99. You seriously cannot beat that.

POWDER: Merle Norman Flawless Effect Loose Powder

Okay, it was really hard for me to find my holy grail loose powder because I’m honestly still looking. One that I really do adore is the Merle Norman Flawless Effect loose powder. It helps prevent my under eye concealer from creasing and for the most part in controls my shine and oil. This retails for about $20-$25 at a Merle Norman store.

EYESHADOW: Maybelline the Nudes Wear Eye Shadow Palette

This palette is so convenient. It’s a neutral palette which means it is right up my alley. It has a good mixture of mattes and shimmers, and the size makes it convenient enough to throw in your travel bag at any given time.  This palette retails for $9.99 at your local drugstores.

EYELINER: Rimmel Professional London Scandal Eyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Nude

I’m not going to act like eyeliner is my favorite thing, but when I do actually put it on I wear this beautiful nude. It glides on smooth and it stay for a really long time. The nude color makes me look a lot more awake on those early mornings. This retails for about $4.49-$5.

MASCARA: Covergirl the Super Sizer Mascara

I love this! Mascara is my favorite makeup product. I do not wear false lashes at all, and so having a great lengthening mascara means everything to me. I have tried probably every mascara there is and this one takes the cake. I wear waterproof mascara ALWAYS and when it says waterproof it means just that. It retails for only like $6 so go stock up right now.

HIGHLIGHTER: Makeup Revolution Vivid Shimmer Brick

Let’s have a moment of silence for this beautiful piece of art and for only $7 at Ulta, my goodness. This highlighter will make sure you glow all day, every day. It is also practically the exact dupe for the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick that retails for $25 at Sephora. You’re welcome.

CONTOUR: ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder in Turks & Caicos

Sometimes I like to snatch and slim my face with a little contour, and this is my favorite product to do that with. It’s only $3-$4 and it comes with a subtle blush as well.

BLUSH: Black Radiance Artisan Color Baked Blush

I have been wearing this blush since high school. Have I looked for other blushes since? Yes, but I haven’t found any that I just really, really love. This product retails for $5 at Wal-Mart or anywhere Black Radiance is sold.

LIPSTICK/LIPGLOSS: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in London & NYX Butter Lip Gloss in Madeleine

Lippies are life. I struggled for the longest finding my perfect nude until I ran up on the beautiful soft matte lip cream in London.  My cousin likes to joke with me and says it’s the exact color of my lips, but I love this. I actually need to go buy another one because I’m running low. These are only $5.99 and Ulta almost always has them on a BOGO 50% sale.

Now, I just got back into wearing glosses and my goodness was I sleeping on the NYX butter glosses. They are truly buttery. My favorite color for the time being is “Madeleine.” It is the perfect nude gloss and it looks great on top of a nude lip, brown lip, or any lip really. This retail for $4.99 and Ulta runs the same sale on these too.

SETTING SPRAY: ELF Makeup Mist and Set

This was my first setting spray I ever tried and I fell in love with it quick. It only cost me $3 and it made my makeup last for a good bit of time. It is also the perfect size to travel with.

MAKEUP BRUSHES: ELF Professional Makeup Brushes

Okay, these are obviously not a makeup product, but you need them to apply your makeup. The ELF professional line of makeup brushes are of great quality in my opinion. They’re soft, and super affordable. They range from $3-$6 at Target and Wal-Mart.

Try out my holy grail products, I promise you won’t regret them.

HCXO!

Hillary Griffin is a Business Marketing major and Advertising and Promotions minor at Valdosta State University. She is a 4'11, natural haired girl with a love for all things makeup. Experiencing life the right way is her main goal in life.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.