Quick Meals You Can Make without a Stovetop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

In the second semester of college, you’re bound to get sick of the food in the dining hall. So here are some snacks and meals you can easily make with the annoying obstacle in dorm life of not having a stovetop.

Pasta

Pasta
Shun Matsuhashi / Spoon
You might have made the assumption that pasta would be impossible without a pot of boiling water, but if so, you have underestimated the power of a microwave. Whether you want macaroni and cheese, spaghetti or even ramen noodles, a microwave can easily substitute that of a stove and result in a variety of some pretty great and fresh college meals.

Pizza

pizza slice pulling from whole pizza
Pexels

Instead of wasting all that money in delivery fees from your local Domino’s or Pizza Hut, don’t forget the delicacy that is frozen pizza. Frozen pizzas are a great alternative because they’re usually pretty cheap, you can choose your toppings without additional fees and they cook quickly in most dorm ovens.

Cereal

Cereal_
Aakanksha Joshi / Spoon
Cereal is one of those quick and easy breakfasts you can make in a pinch, and the best part: no heat required. Cereal has specifically helped me get through late-night studying when the dining hall is closed, etc.

Desserts

Cream Cookies
Julia Hedelman / Spoon

Last but not least, let us not forget desserts. There are numerous desserts college kids can take part in whether that is ice cream, cookies or even cakes. A cool hack many students don’t know about is the growing convenience of mug cakes: cheap cakes that can be made in the microwave. Quick and fun deserts like these are sure to cheer any student up when their down.

HCXO!

Hello, my names Yetunde Oluwadare (pronounced Yeah-tune-day) I am 18 years old and a freshman at VSU. I love to paint, draw, and cook in my free time and I'm also a psychology major.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.