This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Everyone has their favorite, go-to pair of jeans! It’s the pair that snugs to your body just right. The ones that make you look good and feel good. There is something about the perfect pair of jeans that give us that empowering, confident boost. However, we need to recognize the challenge of finding the perfect pair.

Black Friday just passed. It is the national, annual event filled with shoppers with crazy eyes elbowing their way to securing the perfect deals. Some stores opened their doors as early as Thanksgiving. Personally, I was not keen on joining in on this madness. I waited until evening on Black Friday to casually shop the sales. No pressure. Shorter lines. That’s more like it. One goal of mine was to find another pair of jeans. The lines were still pretty long. The displays were a mess. Clothes were in piles and thrown across the floor. This was the leftovers of the craziness from earlier in the day. One particularly messy area were the jeans. Sizes and styles were mixed together. Any system of organization no longer existed. Shopping for jeans was already hard enough. This made it even harder. I have always had trouble finding the perfect pair of jeans. When they fit right in one area, they don’t fit in another. Different people have different body types. One pair of jeans that fit on one person will not fit the same on someone else. I never really understood the The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. How did those one pair of jeans just miraculously fit all of them so well? Anyways, I found the perfect pair and even better, they were 50% off!

There’s an art to finding the perfect pair of jeans. I feel like jeans shopping is a universal struggle. Whether you’re too tall, short, curvy or the opposite, jeans shopping is based on a trial and error process. There are so many different styles and cuts out there in the universe of jeans. Sometimes, the store runs out of your size frequently. The wide variety of jeans is a curse and a blessing. In the beginning, you’re determined. You go to grab a couple pairs in different styles. You walk to the fitting room, jeans in hand, with your game face on. You close the door, lock it, and begin the process. The first pair of jeans are too loose, and there’s too much scrunching going on in all the wrong areas. The second pair look like mom jeans. No one wants to rock mom jeans. You try on a few more until you find the ones that fit just right! Most importantly, they make your butt look phenomenal. You walk out of the fitting room with the look of victory gleaming in your eyes!

Jeans are a staple in everyone’s wardrobes. They’re extremely versatile. They can be dressed up or dressed down. There is nothing more satisfying than finding the right pair. We deserve to find something that makes up happy. Sometimes, society says that if we feel confident, we are self-conceited. I believe that feeling good in your own skin is vital, not pretentious. Feeling comfortable and great in what you wear is a special feeling. Sometimes, we need a little boost. If a great pair of jeans can make you feel powerful and confident, then rock those jeans!

HCXO!

Sylvia Leong is a mass media major at Valdosta State University hoping to achieve her goal of securing a job in sports broadcasting. This Georgia peach loves all shades of blue, football season, and charming her way with sarcasm. Follow on Instagram and Twitter: svia96
Her Campus at Valdosta State.