Michaela’s Artist Spotlight: Carla Paige

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

VSU sophomore Carla Paige is taking the music world by storm! Carla has been singing professionally for five years now. She has released two singles so far, “The Usual” and “Main Attraction,” making sure to properly prepare for both releases by actively promoting and building anticipation.

“The Usual” recieved 1,000 plays in a little over a day! “Oh my, I was so surprised! I couldn’t believe the number of people that were talking about it when I released it. It was the perfect day, honestly. I literally cried,” Carla said. She premiered her second single during her performance/release party in the beginning of August at Vinyl in Atlanta.

Carla made sure to stay productive over the summer. She performed “The Usual” at the Mixtape Cypher Competition and placed second out of 66. She may even have the chance to move onto the final competition as a reserve. The single was also featured on the BET Awards Weekend Mixtape which was passed out in Los Angeles.

She has also made several radio appearances. Carla has appeared on Trap House Radio’s Show, Untapped Radio Show with Nyomi B., Perfect Ego’s Cypher Show, “Shut Em Down” in New York City, as well as her single being aired on Valdosta’s own 96.7 FM. Carla also participated in the Dollhouse Radio Indie Artist Battle and won the opportunity to co-host and have “The Usual” spun for a week!

Carla is thankful for all the support she has received from her fellow VSU students; it has aided in the success of her singles. “There’s not a day that goes by where I don’t say to myself ‘Wow, I have a lot of great supporters.’”

She has numerous events planned:

September 4th: Carla will be the featured artist at Creekside Tavern here in Valdosta.

September 11th: Carla will perform at the Ice Breaker Talent Showcase

October 9th: Carla will perform during halftime of the All Star game.

October 17/18th: Carla will perform at Kennesaw State University

October 23rd: Carla will host Big Twin’s Homecoming Mixtape

October 25th: Homecoming Step Show performance

Carla also plans to release her EP in November, which will be available on iTunes! Her third single will be released, as well as a music video, and she is launching her website. Make sure you keep up with Carla because she has a lot in store!

Soundcloud

Facebook Fan Page

YouTube

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk
Her Campus at Valdosta State.