This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Let’s acknowledge how mean the winter can be on our skin. The wind and the cold really takes a toll, and unfortunately, the price is dry skin. It’s especially complicated when your face feels super taut or flaky! So, let’s delve into the realm of face oils.

Face oils is a beauty trick that has been around for ages. It’s not often the first thing to try that comes to mind, especially for the oily or combination gals like me! However, face oil might actually be your solution. Face oils can actually help regulate oil production. How does it work? Well, there are essential fatty acids that are very important to help replenish and maintain the moisture in your skin. However, your body can’t make these itself. So, using face oils can help your skin rebuild and maintain the top lipid barrier! When your skin is starved of oil, it actually starts to produce more oil. So, keeping it moisturized, especially with face oils, can help decrease oiliness. Moisturizers from the store contain all sorts of chemicals that just does not mimic the oil we produce naturally. Essentially, they are a mix of oil and water, which simply does not work as well as face oils.

There are many different types of oils you can look into purchasing! Seed oils help penetrate your skin quickly and does not leave it shiny or greasy. One thing to be conscious of is the price. Obviously, if you want better oils that are less refined, processed or purer, you will pay a higher price. It is important that you find a face oil that works with your skin. Everyone’s skin reacts differently. Maybe try a patch test by applying it to a small patch of your skin to see if you’re allergic. Skincare is a very personalized system. However, once you get it down, the results are satisfying! Also, the best time to apply face oils is right after you wash your face. Oil will hold the extra moisture from that wash.

So, if you’re looking for a new skincare tip, try this! Oils is so beneficial in helping your skin heal and repair faster. I wish you positive results!

HCXO!

Sylvia Leong is a mass media major at Valdosta State University hoping to achieve her goal of securing a job in sports broadcasting. This Georgia peach loves all shades of blue, football season, and charming her way with sarcasm. Follow on Instagram and Twitter: svia96
Her Campus at Valdosta State.