Living As An Introverted University Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

There is a large misconception that introverted people miss out on a truly great college experience because of the lack of networking or social experiences, but this is entirely untrue. Introverts can enjoy collegiate life, just as extroverts do, so let’s talk about it. 

What makes Introverts who they are?

Introverts happen to be some of the most interesting and most amiable people ever. Although their first impression may not be exuberant, there’s so much more inside if you just get to know them. Introverts are full of love, laughter, and life, it just comes with time-and great vibrations, of course. Unlike extroverts, they like to observe their surroundings, looking for the “Ok” to open up and let loose. Don’t sleep on them, they make life so much better. TEST PIC CJ

How do Introverts thrive on campus?

Universities are filled with plenty of ways to keep busy, find entertainment, and be lively, and introverts seek those in slightly isolated areas. A nice day in their dorm for an introvert could be like a perfect night lounge for an extrovert. Some introverts find comfort in a nice book. Some introverts find joy in a nice Netflix show (Most definitely Greys Anatomy ;). As silly as it may sound, introverts may like socially heavy environments as well, it doesn’t mean they have to actually be social, they just absorb the energies of the room. All in all, introverts have a magnificent amount of experiences on campus, it’s all in the environment.TEST PIC CW

Are there places for introverts to find comfort/entertainment on campus besides their dorm? 

Of course there are! To name a few:

• Library
  • Student lounge
  • Food court (We love food haha)
  • Study room
  • Game room (Many introverts love games, and find extreme comfort in gaming)
  • Recreational centers (There are so many things to do at the recreation center… introverts always find hobbies)
  • Gym( For the fit and healthy introverts)
  • Open pastures/Spacious landscapes( Although introverts may seem like small personalities(so not true), they love places with lots of space and openness.

There are so many more, but those are a few to get into. 

Life as an introverted student at a university is more lively than many may think. Maybe in the meantime, you’ll get to know one; it’ll be amazing for each of you. They make wonderful partners, and are always looking for a peaceful space. Some may even show you their wild side. Look out, your soulmate may be an introvert!

HCXO!

Jada Miller

Valdosta '25

Hello sweetheart! I am Jada Miller-a freshman at Valdosta State University, and I am majoring in International Business. I hope to alleviate any of the problems and confusion that any lady/girl/woman may be experiencing, and create a space to be free. I am an open-minded and understanding vessel. Stay beautiful!