This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

This past Thursday, the Lambda Phi Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. hosted an event that addressed the unspoken topics of race. The particpants were from BSL, NAACP, Sociology Club, Her Campus Valdosta, Sigma Nu, and Alpha Phi Alpha. Several issues were addressed such as microaggression, appropriation, stereotypes, reverse racism, and more. The panel provided excellent feedback which prompted commentary from the audience. 

Our very own, Njeri Mathis, represented Her Campus Valdosta on the panel!

At some points, conversation got heated! The inidication of opinion was expressed through facial expressions, gestures, and body language. 

The audience had a chance to voice their opinions and questions as well.

Overall, Kolorblind 2 was a success! Remember, “There is no progress without struggle.”

HCXO!

Sylvia Leong is a mass media major at Valdosta State University hoping to achieve her goal of securing a job in sports broadcasting. This Georgia peach loves all shades of blue, football season, and charming her way with sarcasm. Follow on Instagram and Twitter: svia96
Her Campus at Valdosta State.