burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Join: Fight For Jontanna

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Mainstream Madness was a spectacle to behold! The ladies and gentleman featured gave a show to be remembered for ages to come. This semester, Kimberly Williams and her team are bringing it back with Mainstream Madness Part 2, only this year the show is being presented with a specific goal in mind.

Jontanna Greene is a 23-year-old college student who, like many of us at VSU, saw the magnificent palm trees, gorgeous campus, and envisioned her life beyond high school.

In high school, Jontanna was a cheerleader and a highly active member of her community. However, after barely embarking on her senior year, she was diagnosed with Autoimmune Hepatitis, a life threatening, chronic liver disease. The disease is caused by your body’s immune system attacking your liver. Untreated autoimmune hepatitis can lead to scarring of the liver (cirrhosis) and eventually to liver failure.

Recently, Jontanna’s doctors suggested that she should think seriously about getting a transplant, as it will help her feel better and live longer. Shortly after beginning school at Valdosta State, the freshman fell ill and had to be removed from the university. You can only imagine the freedom this transplant will give her.

Kimberly Williams, Nene Maccius and Julianna Toney decided to bring Mainstream Madness back and dedicate it to Jontanna’s strive. Julianna, aside from helping with the organization of the show and various other things, has contributed to the show by being one of the featured designers (“Crafty Couture”).

The show is packed with Amazing young designers from various parts of the world. To name a few, Mainstream’s lineup will include “The Randy Gary Collection,” “Astria Yvonne Clothing,” and “SnobLyfe Apparel.”

Mainstream Madness Part 2 will be held on Saturday, April 5 at 7:00 p.m. in the Magnolia Room in the UC. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. A $2 donation is asked at the door and all proceeds will go to Jontanna’s fund. You can also donate personally! Her goal is $15,000, and as of April 3, she has raised $12,400! Help Jontanna fight her autoimmune disease. Your donation can save a life!

"Grasp every second...live it fully,without regret,and then forget it" Hi, My name is Ama Dorsey. I am a junior Dance major here at The Valdosta State University. Aside from the love I give through movement, happiness finds its way to me through writing in the form of poetry,short stories and now articles. I also love to read and make others smile. Have a wonderful Now!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.