This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Hello beautiful people!

Vladislav Klapin

I hope everyone is settling into their classes and taking in assignments one at a time. Sadly, we’re still in this panoramic and college doesn’t look like it’s going to open up in the slightest. We can all be hopeful since the first rounds of vaccines have been released.  It’s definitely been stressful for almost a year, and the toll of staring at a computer screen can make anyone tired as all hell.

woman sitting in front of Macbook
Photo by energepic.com from Pexels

Being fatigued on the very first day of classes is completely normal. Wanna know why? Because for one: most of us are entering the unknown with professors, rules, and expectations. Also, with this pandemic, it’s hard to process whether or not you’ll be online or in-person. On top of that, this day falls within the drop/add period which is 5x stressful. Here at Valdosta State, they’ve tried to make the shift to in-person classes, but we’ve literally had whole departments shut down due to possible exposures. It’s a mess. 

be kind
Photo by Vie Studio from Pexels

Be nice to yourself, everyone! This semester will be another pandemonium-filled time, and we just need to adjust. You got this! Hope you all come out on the other side unscathed and one semester closer to graduating!

Woman writing the word "Bye" on a mirror with red lipstick
Photo by cottonbro from Pexels

With love + tired eyes

-Dom Pollard

Dom Pollard

Valdosta '22

Dom is a sophomore, majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies with concentrations in African American Studies and Sociology. They plan on doing work in either education, activism, film, or all three. They are a queer individual who speaks their mind and provides love + other elements to bring perspective to HERCampus Valdosta. HCXO!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.