This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

During fall, nothing is better than playing your favorite movie, eating your favorite snack and enjoying a cup filled with a warm spiced drink. Here are a few drinks and recipes to enjoy this fall!

1.  Apple Spiced Cider

This famous holiday favorite is perfect when those sweet cravings kick in.

1 (64 oz) bottle of Apple Cider

3 cinnamon sticks

1 teaspoon whole cloves

1/3 c brown sugar

1 teaspoon whole allspice

In a slow cooker or stovetop, combine apple cider and cinnamon sticks. Wrap allspice and cloves in a small piece of cheesecloth, and add to pot. Stir in brown sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, and keep warm.

2.  Eggnog

Whether you want it warm or cold, this creamy treat is perfect for fall and winter nights.

2 egg yolks

¼ c white sugar

1 pinch of salt

2 c milk

2 tablespoons rum

½ c whipping cream

1 pinch of nutmeg

In the top of a double boiler, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and salt. Add milk and mix well. Stir frequently and cook over hot water until mixture thickens to coat a metal spoon. Mix in rum and chill. Beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into chilled egg mixture, pour into glasses and top with freshly grated nutmeg.

3. Pumpkin Spice Latte

October is the best time to eat and drink all things pumpkin! Try out this fall favorite.

1 c milk, divided

1 tablespoon white sugar

1 tablespoon pumpkin puree

1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

½ teaspoon vanilla extract

¼ c brewed espresso

Whisk 1/2 cup milk, sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over low heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Whisk in remaining 1/2 cup milk. Pour milk mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove pulp. Return milk mixture to saucepan and simmer, whisking, 2 minutes. Add espresso and whisk until foamy, 1 minute.

4.  Hot Chocolate

This classic favorite is great for any occasion, even on the go.

3 c milk

1/3 c semisweet chocolate

1 tablespoon white sugar

½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 egg

Put milk into a microwave-safe container and cook on High in microwave for 2 minutes. Mix in chocolate, sugar, and cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk an egg until smooth, then mix it into the chocolate mixture. Return to microwave and cook on High for 3 to 4 minutes or until foamy (be careful not to let it boil.) Whisk until smooth and pour into 3 mugs. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.

5.  Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate

A twist to your average hot chocolate!

3 tablespoons of caramel syrup

Hot chocolate

Canned whipped cream

Pinch of medium coarse sea salt

Pour 2 tablespoons of caramel syrup into a mug so the inside of the mug is coated well. Add hot chocolate and stir everything. Top off with whipped cream, drizzle with remaining caramel, and sprinkle with sea salt. 

HCXO!

Pre-Nursing major at Valdosta State University. Free spirited.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.