The Everyday College Fashionista: 8 Items a Girl Must Have in Her Bag

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

My purse is like my second home. It has things you would find in my closet, my bathroom, and even my kitchen at times! If someone were to journey through it, I may turn red in the cheeks, but I guarantee it holds everything I may need inside. Nothing annoys me more than searching for something I need inside of my purse and realizing I forgot it or simply don’t have an extra.  Ladies, you should always have these items at hand because you never know what may happen or who you may come across throughout your day!

1. Wallet

You need your wallet to hold your money as well as your identification. Without your license, how are you going to drive safely, or get into one of the bars on Thursday night?  It would also be cute to rock the wallet by itself instead of inside your purse if it matches your cute little outfit!

2. Gum

Of course you brushed your teeth, but it is a must to keep gum in your purse. Think about that burger or sub you had at lunch. It would be awfully embarrassing to talk to your crush with onion breath. Eww.

3. Tampon/Pad

It’s always great to know you have one just in case. There’s nothing worse than needing a tampon and not having one! Keeping a sanitary napkin or two by your side saves you a lot of trouble, and can also help out a friend if she needs one!

4. Lipstick/Lip Gloss

Throughout the day, depending on the type, your lipstick may fade or wipe off. You should carry your lipstick to freshen up or stash your lip gloss so your lips are always poppin’. You never know, that hot guy from Biology 1101 may be watching you!

5. Hand Sanitizer

Hand sanitizer is a must-have when the seasons change and the flu starts rearing its ugly little head. It’s good to use after touching door knobs, desk tops, and leaving restrooms. Bacteria is everywhere, so it’s important to stay sanitized to keep yourself clean!

6. Snacks

Snacks are awesome to have when your classes are back-to-back and you don’t have time to stop by the cafeteria for lunch. Granola and fruit are perfect snack-material; remember, we’re working on that beach body figure. Candy bars are a no go!

7. Lotion

OMG, don’t tell me you have never caught yourself daydreaming in class and casually noticed the ashy dry spot on your knee. Lotion always comes in handy for incidences such as these, as well as after you wash your hands. The wind may catch your skin and leave it looking a little rough. You can never go wrong with a tiny tube of lotion!

8. Perfume/Body Spray

Perfume catches people’s attention when you walk through a room, and everyone appreciates a woman who smells nice! Also, there are times when smells from outside stick to you, and that’s when your body spray comes in handy. As long as the scent doesn’t burn the nose hairs out of others’ noses, it’s deeply valued by girls and especially by the guys!

I'm from Darien, Georgia . (McIntosh County) I'm a junior at Valdosta State University with a major in Early Childhood Education. I absolutely adore fashion trends, celebrity scoop, and everything in between !
Her Campus at Valdosta State.