This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Are you as obsessed with makeup brushes as I am, but have nowhere to store them? Well, I have a super cute and affordable DIY project for you. Oh! And do not hesitate to pass this a long to all your makeup loving friends or make a DIY day of it with your girls.  

Step 1: Gather all of the tools you will need. Those tools include an old, burned down candle, somewhere you can access a freezer, soap, water, a knife (plastic or metal), Mod Podge, a paint brush, glitter in the color of your choice, and tons of paper towels just in case you are as messy as I am.

Step 2: Place your chosen old candle into the freezer for an hour or two to completely harden it. You can also skip this step, but it will take a lot more work to scoop out the leftover candle wax.

Step 3: Once frozen, use the knife to help scoop the hardened wax out of the glass. It is so much easier if you trace the outline of the candle wax and then just scoop it out. If you’re lucky once you trace the wax around the rim and flip the glass over it will just fall out.

Step 4: You got the wax out! Congrats.. Now time to clean your glass. Just wash it out like you would any other dish. Make sure though that all of the wax remnants are completely washed out. Your glass should be spotless.

Step 5: Dry your glass. Now it’s time for the fun part.

Step 6: Coat the inside of your glass entirely with a thin layer of Mod Podge using the paint brush.

Step 7: After coating the inside you then need to sprinkle your chosen glitter on the inside of the glass. Make sure you are not sprinkling it chunkily because then your glass will look patchy and that is definitely not cute. Just have a light hand with the glitter, but make sure you cover the inside completely.

Step 8: Now that you have your glass covered in glitter, it is time to seal the deal. Literally! You now need to take another coat of Mod Podge and thinly spread it over the glitter. That is considered your top coat. 

Step 9: Let your beautiful new makeup brush holder dry.

Step 10: Voila, you are done.

HCXO!

Hillary Griffin is a Business Marketing major and Advertising and Promotions minor at Valdosta State University. She is a 4'11, natural haired girl with a love for all things makeup. Experiencing life the right way is her main goal in life.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.