Campus Cutie JJ Michaels ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Coined as “Prince Charming” by a public speaking class, JJ is the true eptiome of a Southern gentleman. If you know him then you know that no matter when or where you are on campus, he’ll always greet you with the biggest smile! Humble and sweet, JJ will brighten anyone’s day by just being around him!

Name: JJ Michaels
Major: Finance
Classification: Senior
Hometown: Thomasville, GA
Relationship Status: Recently Taken

What’s your favorite part of VSU?
Patterson Hall. Though it wasn’t my absolute favorite place to live, it was where this crazy and beautiful college experience all began! 

If you could do anything with the rest of your life and money wasn’t an issue, what would you do? 
I view money as freedom to do the things that I love. If it weren’t an issue, I’d travel to any place that my heart desired, I’d interact with as many people as possible, and I’d buy things for random, deserving people to make them smile. 

What are your interests and/or hobbies?
My life pretty much revolves around food and working out. I’m an aspiring model, so I like to stay really lean year-round. That being said, I love to cook and try new and healthy recipes. I play a little guitar, I like culture/travel, and above all I love people. I love that every single individual in the universe has a story; a collection of experiences and influences unique to him or her. I like to hear those stories and relate. “You can learn at least one thing from every single person you meet.” That’s one of my many philosophies. 

Are you a music or a movie person? What’s your favorite movie or band/artist?
Though I enjoy movies, I am definitely a music guy. My life has a perpetual soundtrack. Lately I have been listening to a ton of Miguel and a ton of electronic music.

What is the most important part of a relationship to you?
Honesty above all. Aside from that, I’d say to just be with someone [who] you’re compatible with, that is willing to try new things. If you’re constantly teaching each other new things and trying new things together, you will grow together. You’ll also create some incredible memories in the process! That’s one of the secrets to an awesome, gratifying relationship in my opinion.  

What stands out in a girl to you?
Honesty beyond measure, loyalty without comparison, and a nurturing heart. I love a woman [who] is an open book with me. One that is open and honest with me about the good things she’s done and the bad things that she’s done is one worth keeping.

Who is your celebrity crush? 
Andreia Brazier

What’s your biggest pet peeve?
When people lie about things they have or things they’ve done to seem cooler. Just express yourself in life. The people and the things that you want in your life will gravitate towards you if you simply express yourself in a way that makes you feel like you. 

What is your biggest accomplishment to date?
My biggest accomplishment to date was getting elected as the Interfraternity Council President for the 2013-2014 school year. It pushed me to speak in front of over 500 people at once, and it taught me how to run an organization. The experience boosted my confidence tremendously.

Where do you see yourself in 15 years?
I see myself traveling the world and making a ridiculous amount of money doing the things I love, I see myself madly in love with a goddess of a woman, and I see myself constantly striving to be better than I was the day previously. 

instagram: @Johnjmichaels
Her Campus at Valdosta State.