Campus Cutie Adrianna Rodriguez ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Adrianna is a beautiful and funny girl! She’s also actively involved on campus as the Secretary for Women of Diversity, Social Media & Design Chair for GSA, Urban DJ for 90.9 Blaze FM, and plays Intramural Flag Football. She’s also an up-and-coming DJ who loves practicing mixing music. You may see her aound campus and if you’ve never met her before, here’s a chance to get to know her!

Full Name: Adrianna Rodriguez

Hometown: Savannah, Ga (Born in Germany)

Classification: Junior

Zodiac Sign: Pisces

Relationship Status: Single 

Major: Mass Media 

HC: What made you choose VSU?

Adrianna: I originally came to VSU for [its] athletic training program. My first intended major was athletic training, but like all normal college students I changed my major quite a few times. 

HC: What do you want to do with your major, and why?

Adrianna: I want to become a DJ. I want to work deep within the radio broadcasting industry, learn the ins and outs about what makes radio stations run and how I can improve what listeners hear. I want to help connect people to music of all types. I strongly believe that music is the best medicine besides laughter. Music can unify a vast majority of people who come from different origins and speak different languages. If language is a barrier, then music is the translator. 

HC: What are your favorite things to do?

Adrianna: Mix music, paint, hang with friends, listen to music, play video games, and party.

HC: How long have you been DJing?

Adrianna: Officially, only a year or so, but I’ve always been interested in music production of some sort. At a young age I was so in tune with music and technology. One day I said to myself, “lets’ try something else,” so I decided to pursue my interest in the medical field (which was why I originally came to VSU).

HC: What led you to become interested in DJing?

Adrianna: DJing is something that I have been interested for as long as I can remember. My father was a DJ. My godfather is a DJ, as well as some of my cousins. So, it kind of runs in the family. I’ve always watched my father doing his thing and my godfather at his little gigs here and there. Growing up I can remember all the family celebrations, the music, the food, just the happy smiles and positive vibes that were radiating off of everyone. This made me want to spread the love and compassion that music brings.HC: What’s your dream date?

Adrianna: My dream date would have to take place somewhere on a beach, on a clear night, under a blanket of stars. HC: What qualities do you look for in a girl?

Adrianna: Taller than me (let’s face it, I’m only 5’3), tan, and gorgeous! She pretty much has to be awesome and know when it’s time to have fun and time to just chill. HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

Adrianna: *Whew* I’ve got a lot, but to keep it very simple: Michelle Rodriguez, Jessica Alba, and Selena Gomez.

HC: If you could be any animal, which animal would you be?

Adrianna: I’d probably be some kind of awesome bird. I think flying is cool! Plus, who wouldn’t wanna take off every now and then?

You can check out Adrianna’s music here: https://soundcloud.com/bossmandiego

HCXO!

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk
Her Campus at Valdosta State.