Campus Celebrity Brandon Preston ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

You may recognize Brandon as being the host of some of Media Arts Geniuses’ events, or even from hosting the Legends fashion show a couple weeks ago. To get to know this fun, chill guy with a passion for acting; keep reading!

Name: Brandon Preston

Classification: Senior 

Hometown: Atlanta, Ga (Glenwood) 

Major: Mass Media 

HC: What student organizations are you involved in?

BP: Media Arts Geniuses and Collegiate Men of VSU.

HC: Why did you choose to come to VSU?

BP: I chose VSU because it offered me a better opportunity with my major.

HC: What inspired you to join MAG and CMVSU?

BP: I joined MAG because I saw this as a way to get involved on campus as a freshman and to exploit my talent which is acting. I joined CMVSU because I saw what could really come out of this organization by simply bettering men at VSU and making a change in young men.

HC: What motivates you to stay busy for you major? 

BP: The end goal basically. I want to not only be financially stable, but to do what I want to do and enjoy it.

HC: What is your ultimate goal after graduation? 

BP: I have two dream careers, which I believe both can be done. One is to become a news reporter/anchor and an actor. But, I plan to get an internship for the summer after my graduation then attend grad school at the University of Georgia and get my masters in business. 

HC: What advice do you have for the new freshmen? 

BP: Have some kind of goal you want to achieve, but also have a dream you want to eventually grind, too. Never think less of yourself or think you can’t do something. Find your dream and go get it. 

HC: I know you do some acting and hosting. What is it that you like most about being a performer?

BP: I love it because I simple enjoy doing it. It’s so fun to me and it allows me to express my weirdness [laughs], but in a positive way. Just a gift God has given me and I love doing it. 

HC: Who is your celebrity idol?

BP: I would have to say Will Smith. Now, he is not the best actor ever, but he still extreamly talented. I love the way he presents himself and that’s how I would love to be when I reach that level.

HC: What three words best describe you? 

BP: Funny, weird, and nice. 

HC: What legacy do you want to leave behind?

BP: I just want people to remember that I was always able to leave a smile on their faces. 

You can follow Brandon on IG @ brando_sage or on Twitter @ yo_boy_preston! 

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.