This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

We’ve all been in that situation where you and your partner have been talking for quite some time now. You’ve been talking about meeting each other parents, developing that strong “bond over title”, you know everything is really good between you two but one day out of nowhere he decides to tell you that you two should not talk anymore. No, you were not in an official relationship, but it sure felt like one. Girl wipe those tears away and here are some ways to boss up on him this season.

Tip #1.Cry

You just stopped talking to your “significant other” and it’s perfectly normal to be sad about it. It’s okay to cry. “Don’t hold it inside especially when your hearts on the line. Sit in a corner and cry. Hug on a pillow and cry. Scream at the top of your lungs and just cry” (Tynisha Keli). The worst thing that you can do for yourself is to keep your feelings inside. Although you think that you’re doing a great job with not showing that you’re hurt, it shows sis. It’s only hindering you from growing. You may not notice it at first but you could be potentially bringing in bad baggage into your next future relationship. Leave that baggage right where it needs to be, in the TRASH!

Tip #2.Stay Busy

The best way to not think about something is by staying busy. Here’s the time for you to join the organizations that you really like. You’ve been going to the interest meetings and the events for the org so why not join it. Now you can stay on top of all your work. Remember that 3.9 GPA you said you wanted, here’s the time to work towards it. You can even start your own business with the talents that you keep hidden. 

Tip #3.Don’t Bash Him

At the end of the day, you have to remember that this is someone that you had strong feelings for. Someone that you once told your secrets to and talked to when you were having good days and you were having bad days. It’s never a good look to go around campus saying that he’s an “ain’t ____ boy”, stick to the childhood saying your mother always taught you: If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.

Tip #4.Put yourself first

Go get that manicure and pedicure that you’re always telling your girls you want. Stay hydrated and drink 8 cups of water a day (honestly, no one keeps track but still). Take an extra 30 minutes in the shower. Get to really know yourself. Sit down and for at least 30 minutes writing out what you want in a relationship and the qualities you want your significant other to have. You put everyone else first, now is the time to put yourself first. 

Tip #5.Learn from it

Sure, it hurt like hell, and right now you feel like you never want to talk to anyone else or get into a relationship EVER again, but here’s the thing: you will get over it. Guys come and go, there’ll be another one after him. Because of where you are headed there are people from your path that must turn astray. Let them go and keep moving forward. Don’t rush to be in a relationship because your friends are in one. Take some time to just date around and mingle. 

*As a queen, your crown may tilt; it might even slide sometimes but it’ll never fall off* -HCXO

Her Campus at Valdosta State.