This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Blogging is a social media outlet that has been around for many years, and has grown to become a large business venture for authors. If you are reading this article right now, you are also reading a blog. There are many different benefits to blogging that can effect you career in a positive way in the future.

1. It is a creative outlet

What ever platform you decide to put your blog on, you have the creative freedom to write about what ever you choose. If you have a love for fashion, make up or photography, you can write about these things. This is the beauty of blogging, because you can share your thoughts and ideas with others, and influence them to try new things. To get your creative juices flowing, I would suggest checking out some successful blogs, to get an idea of what to do and not to do. There are many different types of people out there in the world, so someone is bound to read your content.

2. Stress relieving 

Blogging can be quite stress relieving when have a lot on your plate. Being that you have this creative freedom, you can go to your blog and pour all of your emotions out onto the webpage. Blogging sites are also interactive, so your viewers can leave you encouraging feedback, or share stories of their own, letting you know that they can relate to you. A blog is a positive place to put your energy, rather than endulging in unstimulating activities.

3. Create your own brand  

Your blog should be as unique as you are. You want to make sure that you aren’t posting some of the same things that more well-known boggers are posting, because readers are going to go to them first and skip over your content. Being unique in the blogging world will help you to create your own brand that sticks out amongst other blogs. This will open the door for other bloggers to reach out and connect with you, which brings me to the last benefit of blogging.

4. Networking

Once your blog starts to become noticed by other bloggers, you will have the opportunity to network and collaborate with them. This means that they can mention you on their blog and you’ll receive more exposure. Companies take notice to this, and when they see that you have a large fan base, they will reeach out to you to market some of their products. Yes, that means free stuff!! Companies are looking for influential people to talk about their products, in hopes that their readers will go out and buy these products. Networking can be fun and beneficial to your blog and the people that read it!

HCXO!

Ora Lewis

Valdosta

My name is Ora Lewis. I attend Valdosta State University, where I study Public Relations. I enjoy all things fashion and beauty. I love meeting new people and traveling!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.