7 Things Every Natural Hair Sista Can Relate To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Being natural is just simply great. If you’re a natural sista, then you already know this. You may also know the good, the bad, and the exciting and frustrating challenges to being natural. Here are seven things every natural sista can relate to!

1. Trying a new hair product that all of your natural sistas have been raving about

So you finally got it! The new hair product that everyone’s been talking about. It might’ve been a little bit expensive but you’re hoping it will do wonders to your hair. Just in case this new hair product doesn’t live up to your expectations, you can always sell it to another natural hair sista who’s been wanting to try it.

2. Having a natural hair girl crush

We all have that one girl whose hair we look at and we’re just like “total goals!”

3. Wondering how this girl on Instagram grew her hair that long in a short amount of time

Natural hair girls on Instagram go from “ear length hair” to “down to where the back stops length hair” in a month. Okay so I’m totally exaggerating! But seriously, some girls’ hair grows quickly in a short amount of time.

4. Trying a new styling technique

This could go one way or the other. I usually get my new styling techniques from natural haired YouTube gurus. They usually give the easiest steps in order to achieve a certain hairstyle, but when I do the EXACT same steps it turns out different (in other words bad). Every now and then sometimes a new styling technique turns out well for me.

5. Too tired to put your hair in twists

It’s usually the days where you’ve had long hard day that you need to put your hair in twists.

6. Wash n’ Go

Because you were too tired to put your hair in twists, your hair needed some moisture, or you just didn’t have the time to do anything with your hair that morning… you do the wash n’ go!

7. Reactions you get when you straighten your hair

The most common reactions you get when you straighten your hair are: “Oh my gosh! I had no idea your hair was that long!” and “Your hair is so pretty!” Thank you, thank you! Your admiration for my hair will cost you five dollars!

HCXO!

I'm Jessie Thomas, a junior in college. I'm a fun loving girl who loves music and fashion! Someday I hope to be successful in the entertainment industry.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.