This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Sometimes you strive to be a better person but don’t know where to start, do you change your appearance? Do you change your environment? Studies have shown that changing your personality is the first step to becoming a better you. Below are five steps you can implement in your life to change your personality.

Step 1. Acknowledge what it is you want to change about yourself. It can be anywhere from your tone of voice to your sense of humor. For instance, hot tempered people may desire being calm in emotionally charged situations and shy people might wish to be more of an extroverted person. With enough practice and serious effort results are sure to be visual. 

Step 2. Do not limit yourself. Change your self-beliefs. Always remember what you believe you can achieve, the moment you set a limit on what you can do you slim the chance of manifesting what you desire. Limitations are a source of negative energy that will stall your transformation, always keep that in mind. 

Step 3. Shift your mindset to a more growth mindset rather than a fixed mindset. Focus on the process of changing your personality for example state phrases with “I am always finding solutions to my problems” or “I am capable of achieving my   goals” instead of saying “I’m so smart” or “I’m really friendly” the more you expand your mind the easier it will be to experience growth.

Step 4. To overcome this challenge practice “faking it till you make it” remain positive and calm in stressful situations. Pretend to have self-confidence by developing an optimistic mindset and you will soon realize you can materialize those qualities in your real life. 

Step 5. Be patient with yourself in the process. Nothing happens overnight, engaging in consistency enables you to focus on incremental improvement while at the same time forgiving your failures. Do not allow hard work halt your progress.

Don’t be stuck with undesirable traits, evolve into a greater you. 

Hello, thank you for taking the time to read my articles. My inspiration comes from my past, present, and, future. Follow me on Instagram @Courtney.Flournoy10
Her Campus at Valdosta State.