freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Signs Your Relationship Is The Real Deal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.
You’re happy in your relationship, confident in your connection, and you’re pretty positive it won’t get any better than this. However, maybe you need a little reassurance that this is in fact as legit as it sounds. Here are 5 signs your relationship is the real deal!

1. He leaves you in his home alone.

So you’ve just stayed the night and this night wasn’t any different from any other night except this time when you woke up he was rushing to get ready for class. Instead of hurrying you along with him, he’s tossing you the keys as he kisses your cheek reminding you to lock the door when you leave. If he trusts you with his prized possessions that’s a pretty good sign that your relationship is the real deal.

2. You’ve met his family.

No self-respecting man is introducing you to his family unless he is serious about the relationship. This is especially true when he’s bringing you home for holidays and family functions. If you’re good with the family, you’re good with him and that’s definitely a good sign that your relationship is the real deal. 

3. He’s talked about his future with you.

Most guys aren’t discussing how many kids they want and how much closet space you’ll get if you ever buy a house together unless he’s serious about you. However, if he’s talking about his future and includes you in the plans this is not only a sign of a maturity, but a real deal relationship!

4. When you still get butterflies even when the honeymoon phase is over.

Everyone knows the most blissful days of a relationship is the honeymoon phase. Everything is new and exciting because you’re learning new things about each other and arguments, if any, are far and few in between. For most, that phase dies down after the first couple of months, but if you’re lucky enough to still get that feeling after the “getting to know each other” period, then it’s safe to say your relationship is the real deal. 

5. You’re best friends

Of course your girls are still your girls, but there’s going to be a time when you get good news or need to vent. When you find yourself confiding in your boyfriend before anyone else or vice versa, consider your relationship the real deal. 

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.