5 Signs He’s Just Not That Into You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

You met a really cute guy at a party the other night. Apparently, you two exchanged numbers, you call him and you ask if he wants to get together sometime to get coffee, and he agrees. You go on your date with this guy, and you think everything is going well and he seems totally interested in you. I mean who wouldn’t be? Am I right? DING DING DING he even seems to have all the qualities on your endless checklist. He’s cute, adventurous, smart, and he has pets, so you know he’s definitely a man of your type. You start setting a wedding date, planning how many children you’re going to have, and even deciding on cute names. You thought things were going right, but as soon as the date is over, things go horribly wrong. Let me show you some signs that he’s just not that into you. 

1. He leaves you on read

Ladies, this is a very real thing, and we all hate being “read receipted”. I know you want to believe that maybe he’s just busy and forgot to text back but I’m telling you nine times out of ten that isn’t the case. More than likely he’s already read it and just didn’t feel like responding which is a direct indicator that he’s just not that into you. Besides, how many people do you actually know that aren’t on their phone 99.9% of the time? Hello, it’s 2016, love. 

2. He doesn’t put the effort to get to know you

Usually, you can almost immediately tell what a guy’s intentions are off the bat. There’s one of three things a guy is looking for when he approaches a girl, and it’s either friendship, sex, or a relationship. Sometimes it’s difficult to tell, but if he’s not making the effort to get to know you then that’s a bright red flag. When I say not making an effort, I mean his responses are bland and he almost always changes the subject. If he’s not asking you questions that are about yourself and your interests, he really isn’t trying to get to know you as a person. That “K” text or “Okay” text is almost always a definite hint. Unfortunately, one-word texts are made for a reason my dear. My advice to you is to just exit that situation immediately, and find you a man who will give you the time of day. 

3. He is quick to mention other girls around you

I know you’re thinking maybe he’s just talking about other girls around you because he wants to make other friends or vice versa. However, that’s usually not the case. When a guy mentions other girls around you, whether he’s just talking about how cute she is or that he’s really good friends with her. He is probably just making small talk with you and giving off that “we are strictly just friends” vibe. Don’t get me wrong, it’s entirely okay to just be friends with a guy but make sure you don’t accidently mistake him as anything more; especially if he is unaware of your feelings towards him. 

4. He is “always busy”

Okay, first of all, NOBODY IS THAT BUSY. I really don’t care what anyone has to say, but no one is too busy for someone. If you’re ever interested in someone you always make time for them. Constant flaking is a huge deal and nobody should be re-scheduling more than two times. There are 24 hours in a day and if he can’t take at least 5 minutes out of his day to acknowledge your existence, he is totally not worth it. I understand that there are designated times when he could be busy such as during class and working, but I promise you there is time to stop and smell the roses. If he isn’t making it a priority to talk to you at least once a day or making the effort to see you, I can 100% guarantee he is not that interested in you. Girl, drop him before it’s too late!

5. He sees you as “one of the guys”

Although it isn’t too difficult to notice how a guy views you, many make the mistake of seeing things more differently than it really is. If he’s very casual with you and often slips up the word “dude” or anything else male referenced, you might just be considered one of the guys. Guys are very indirect about things and he probably doesn’t even realize what he’s saying, but he most likely just sees you as a friend of the gang and nothing more. Hey, don’t worry though there are plenty of other fish in the sea. Never give up!

Unfortunately, finding love is easier said than done, but I’m sure with these signs you can narrow it down and discover where your heart truly lies. If you’re ever stuck trying to decide if a guy is really into you or not, just remember that how he treats you is how he feels about you. I can’t possibly stress that enough, but he’s just not that into you. There are hundreds of thousands of men in this world who wouldn’t hesitate to get to know you. Never forget your worth, and don’t spend your time making someone else a priority when they wouldn’t do the same. Until next time, HCXO! 

Akia Lloyd is a first-year student at Valdosta State University. She is currently an undeclared major and she is from Atlanta, Georgia. Akia's hobbies include writing, reading poetry and various novels, working out, and watching netflix. She is determined to find a career that aims to help people and better society. 
Her Campus at Valdosta State.