This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Finding a good movie can be difficult when you feel like you saw everything that is out lately. Since the covid-19 pandemic movies are push back from being released. With that situation the best way to look at movies on screaming services such as Netflix, Hulu and etc. Netflix seems to never disappoint when it comes to the movies. Not only do they provide you with different selections of movies, but they are affordable. Netflix are low subscriptions prices per month. If you are thinking about joining Netflix or have Netflix already here are some good movies to watch on Netflix.

flat screen TV
Jens Kreuter/Unsplash

1. The Queen’s Gambit

The movie set place in 1959s. A young girl who is an orphanage who finds an astonishing talent for chess while she makes her way to stardom while struggling with addiction. It is a must see!

2. Colobiana

Zoe Saldana, plays Cataleya Restrepo who trains to be an assassin because she is dedicated to tracking down the Bogota gangsters who murder her parents. Very intense movie to watch.

3. Someone Great

If you have a girl movie night, this is the perfect movie to watch with your girls. This movie is about a girl named Jenny the who starts her new journey after a breakup with her boyfriend. This is the perfect movie to watch with your girls, cause most girls relate to a bad breakup.

4. Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey

This movie is a great family movie. Let’s just say it’s a great movie to watch with the family because it’s something different, make sure you get your popcorn because this one is a great movie to great you into the Christmas spirit.

5. In the shadow of the Moon

Be ready to be on the edge of your seat. And ride along the journey with a Philadelphia detective that slowly tries to put his finger on a serial killer who he believes she time travels.

Woman in White Bed Holding Remote Control While Eating Popcorn
Photo by JESHOOTS.com from Pexels

Watching movies can be enjoyable if you find the right movies, depending on your style of movie choice. It is a great time since we are stuck in the house during the COVID-19 pandemic. Find the right movie, depending on your mood. During these times we are counting on entertainment to keep our minds busy while we get through this pandemic. Not only does watching movies get us through these trouble times. Now when a friend or someone random ask for a good movie recommendation you can refer them to movies you watched on Netflix.

Bonny is a transfer student from Georgia Military College, having obtained her associates degree in communication science in Summer 2020. She then transferred to Valdosta State in Fall 2020. She is now a mass media major in her junior year, looking to experience media like she never dreamed of! Bonny's hope that someday her work reaches you and many more.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.