This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

The typical dinner and a movie is nice, but sometimes you want to do something different. Unfortunately, we’re still in college and the phrase “balling on a budget” has never been so relevant. Let me help! Here are 5 dates that are fun enough to keep it interesting, yet frugal on your wallet. 

1. Hit the gym

Bond over squats! VSU’s rec is open to all students. The only money being spent here is the gas you may have to use to get there. It’s okay if you’re not into breaking a sweat; there’s no harm in just cheering him on while stealing a couple of looks!

2. Camping

Or not. Before you skip this suggestion, you don’t have to stay out the whole night! It may not be your ideal first choice, but all those opposed to a 2 for 1 cuddle session while watching the sun go down are crazy.

3. You be the cook

Show those domestic wifely skills and cook for your man. If cooking isn’t your thing, order out. He doesn’t have to know. No tip, no wait. Not to mention you’re in the comfort of your own home!

4. Go on a picnic

It’s cute and desirable mostly because we’ve seen how it plays out in movies. All you need is a blanket, music, some tupperware, and the food, of course; all things you more than like already have. 

5. Sports

This could go either way. There’s the guy who;s super competitive and will take every opportunity to remind you who won. Then there’s the guy who’s going to take advantage of getting closer to you by teaching you the technique. 

Her Campus at Valdosta State.