This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

The summer months are approaching and what better way to enjoy some fun in the sun than showing off your glowing skin. We all want that luminous glow without having to cake on pounds of bronzer especially with it warming up outside. Now, you can achieve it naturally by using these five fruits. 

1. Lemons

Great for a little flavor and also great for your skin. It acts as a natural bleach that lightens acne scars helping to give you a more even completion. You can also mix it with a teaspoon of honey in a glass of water to cleanse your skin from within.

2. Oranges

The peels are the secret in this fruit if you want glowing skin. Dried orange peels crushed into a powder form make for a great natural acne scrub. It’s also said to prevent aging.

3. Bananas 

Another anti-aging agent is bananas. Get your blood circulating by mixing mashed banana with honey. It’s also a good source for fiber making it a great healthy snack in between meals.

4. Papaya 

Looking for a good alternative for expensive cleansing brushes? Papaya removes dead skin cells. Massage your skin with the inside of a papaya. Then blend the papaya with honey as a facial mask. Allow it to sit for 20 minutes then rinse lukewarm water. 

5. Apples

Blend apple juice and honey, let it dry then rinse with lukewarm water to help keep your skin hydrated. Apples also work as an anti-aging agent and prevents wrinkles.

HCxo!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.