This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Finals week is just around here are some tips and tricks not to get overwhelmed during the already stressful time!

1. Make a TO-DO list 

Making a TO-DO list is a great way to see all the work you need to accomplish is to have it all written down. It may seem overwhelming at first but having the ability to check done for tasks is very satisfying and it motivates you to finish all of your tasks.

2. Set Aside A Part In Your Day

This step is crucial and goes hand and hand with the last step. Setting apart pieces of your day to work can and will help to decrease the overall stress of the work at hand. For example, let’s say you have 5 writing assignments due during finals break. Place them in order by due dates and divide your time in school to accomplish them (like 3 days per essay or something like that!!!). This can help specifically to decrease tendencies to procrastinate and helps work to seem less than it actually is.

3. Don’t Wait Till The Break

Please, please, please don’t wait to do all your work during Thanksgiving break(especially if you are traveling home). If you don’t want to do want to do your work now you definitely won’t want to do it then. Thanksgiving break is supposed to be/ usually is a virtually stress-free time that you spend with your family or black Friday shopping, not time for stressing out of your mind trying to write your 5 writing assignments!

Hello, my names Yetunde Oluwadare (pronounced Yeah-tune-day) I am 18 years old and a freshman at VSU. I love to paint, draw, and cook in my free time and I'm also a psychology major.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.