This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

So I know the title probably threw you off a bit. But you know those days where you don’t feel like getting dressed really cute, putting on a face full of makeup, or even combing your hair? Yet you don’t want to look like you just rolled out of bed, you don’t want to look like you’re sick, and you don’t want to go in public with bed hair. Luckily, there are a few things you can do that will pretty you up even on your worst days!

1. Fill in your eyebrows

Even if I have absolutely nothing else on my face, filling in my eyebrows makes all the difference in the world! Of course, if you already have nice shaped eyebrows, that’s all you need to add some life to your face. As for me, my eyebrows are a bit on the thinner side; so if I don’t color them in, I either look sick, sad, or like a child. If you don’t need to color in your eyebrows, making sure that they are freshly waxed and shaped will also make a huge difference. Isn’t it crazy how such a small part of your face can have such a huge impact on your look?

2. Wear mascara

Your eyelashes are pretty similar to your eyebrows. They’re something you don’t think about very often. But when you wear mascara, they add so much life to your face. Mascara makes your eyes pop which, of course, adds a little “umph” to your look. It’s an easy piece of makeup to use and doesn’t require a lot of time or effort. If you don’t believe that mascara makes a big difference, put mascara on only one of your eyes and you’ll see the difference that it makes. If you want to at least have one item of makeup on your face, mascara is the way to go!

3. Hair accessories

Hair accessories help glam up any look. Whether you have to throw on a cute beanie, a cute hat or a nice headband, the right hair accessories can take a simple white tee and jeans to the next level. My favorite hair accessories are fedoras and turban headbands. They really help dress up a “plain Jane” outfit, not to mention fedoras help cover up a bad hair day. Headbands on the other hand, can amp up a simple bun or ponytail. Sometimes, we don’t always have the time or the products to do anything fancy with our hair. And we all know that a hairstyle can really make or break an outfit. Don’t ruin a cute look with a plain hairstyle! 

-HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.