3 TikTok Books that are Actually Worth Reading

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

One of my favorite sides of TikTok is “BookTok.” Having a community of people who all share a love for books is comforting because there are so many options of books for whatever you’re into to. Although many people think many popular books on TikTok are overhyped, here’s a list of books that are actually worth reading…

The Song Of Achilles by Madeline Miller

This beautifully crafted novel written by Madeline Miller, is guaranteed to make you shed tears. The story takes place in the Greek Heroic Aged. The story develops around two young boys who experience true pure love. The character development is absolutely gripping. The journey The Song of Achilles takes you on is an escape from reality.

Normal People By Sally Rooney

Throughout Normal People by Sally Rooney, you watch the lives of two characters and their journey with fate and love with each other. You watch how each individual character matures through life. This book creates a roller coaster of emotions that keeps you wanting to continue to turn its pages.

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart is a beautiful story about heartbreak, grief, love, friendships, torn apart families, and decisions we wish we could’ve taken. Even though they’re just words on paper, you can feel every emotion that the author creates. You get to know each character as if you’ve known them in real life. The book absorbs you with all of its words and plot twist with every page.

Happy reading!!

hcxo

Emily Harmon

Valdosta '25

Hey, my name is Emily Harmon. I’m currently a freshman at Valdosta State University, and I am majoring in Early Education. I am from a small town in Georgia, but I have moved around a lot due to being in a military family. I love plants, traveling, hanging out with friends, reading, and writing. As a young queer woman, I want to inspire and encourage others to learn to love themselves and to be who they are.