Milwaukee Winter Fun

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

Ice Skate at Red Arrow Park

Every winter Milwaukee transforms Red Arrow Park into an adorable little ice rink. Do a few laps around and warm-up after at Starbucks with a sweet treat. 

Visit the Domes 

Escape the brisk Milwaukee winter if only for a moment. Pretend your vacationing in Mexico in the Tropical Dome or explore the world’s deserts at the Desert Dome. This Milwaukee park is unique and botanist approved! 

Winter Farmer’s Market 

Speaking of the Domes, visit the Milwaukee Winter Farmer’s Market. The market is held every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Visit their website for all the deets: http://www.mcwfm.org/

Have a Warm Drink at a Local Coffee Spot 

Colectivo, Stone Creek, Anodyne… MKE is home to loads of local coffee shops. Sometimes when the weather is cold the best thing you can do is sit back, relax and thaw-out.

Drinks lots of Beer 

If you’re looking for something a little stronger than caffeine visit one of Milwaukee’s many breweries. A few of my personal favorites include: Lakefront Brewery and Good City Brewing Co. For free fun visit the Miller Brewery tour, they even give you pretzels!  

See the Holiday Lights 

Stroll the streets of downtown Milwaukee and take-in all the holiday cheer. 

Visit the Public Market 

Another good indoor activity during these frigid months, the Public Market is home to an abundance of delightful food, quirky shops and an alcoholic beverage or two. 

MKE Chili Bowl 

Make the trek to Potawatomi Casino this January and indulge in the glory that is the MKE Chili Bowl. Sample a variety of different chili as restaurants from across the area compete at this giant chili cook-off.