10 Reasons Why Minnesota is The Best Place to Visit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

I was lucky enough to only live less than an hour from the Twin Cities. Everything I got to experience while living in Minnesota for 18 years of my life, created amazing memories and adventures. So here are a few reasons why Minnesota is the best place to visit.

1. The summers

Summer’s the best part of Minnesota. The lazy days spent lounging on a boat floating along Lake Minnetonka or Lake Calhoun. Loud music, tubing, and simply just soaking up some vitamin D will always be a go to in the great land of 10,000 lakes.

2.   Excelsior

There are many cute and fun areas to explore around the cities but growing up near Excelsior, Minnesota was wonderful. Whether you were just going there to shop the strips, get ice cream, or take family or senior pictures, it will always put a smile on your face.  And of course having a huge lake surrounding it made everything better (duh anything having to do with lakes, minnesotan’s love).

3.   Music Venues

Minneapolis will always be well known for its amazing music venues. Whether you are going First Avenue or Mill City Nights, you get that close feeling to your favorite music artist while sipping a beer at the bar and still having front row live action for cheap!

4.   The Mall of America

Okay shopaholics, I’m talkin’ to you. Minnesota has one of the largest malls in the United States, and not to mention having two of your favorite store? HEAVEN.  The MOA has so much to offer and even an amusement park right inside. Honestly, what more could you want?

5.   The Minneapolis Sculpture Garden

This urban sculpture garden is one of the largest in the country. It has so many different forms of art and gives an amazing view of the city. It’s unique monuments gives you a true appreciation for art.

6.   Minnesota’s largest candy store

Yes, that’s right. Minnesota has a huge candy stored filled with every candy you could think of, and it’s right down the road from where I grew up. Whether you are looking for a delicious apple pie for Thanksgiving or fresh pulled taffy, this place has so much to offer. With it’s great seasonal deals running from June to November, you can find everything you want and need.

7.   Minnehaha Falls

A beautiful hiking trail and waterfall right on the outskirts of the cities, has gorgeous scenery and picnic areas.

8.   Minnesota State Fair

This is the best thing to ever happen to Minnesota. It is the largest 12 day event in the country. Every year, thousands of people from all over come and help celebrate the amazing things the state has to offer. Sweet Martha’s Cookies are a must have when you come visit. Whether you want just one, a few, or a huge bucket, waiting in the line is so worth it.

9.   The light rail

Instead of driving everywhere or having to worry about bus transportation, the twin cities has a light rail that can take you everywhere between Minneapolis and St. Paul.

10.   We are so nice

Yeah that’s basically it. Minnesotans are the nicest people you will every meet. We open doors too many times for you, we say “hi” to everyone and over use our the words “I’m sorry.” Minnesota is a such a friendly and welcoming state, it makes it hard to leave.

Just a 5'4" independent and free spirited woman, easily inspired and always smiling. While I'm not on here spilling all my thoughts and writing my heart out, I thoroughly enjoy drawing, blogging, adventuring and of course dancing around in my underwear and eating mac and cheese. It's the simple things in life that truly make me who I am. I currently reside in Milwaukee, Wisco and inspire to be a pediatric nurse.